The dietitians' primary function is to provide nutrition counselling to inpatients, outpatients and their caregivers. We work in multi-disciplinary teams to provide wholesome healthcare to our patients. We assess the nutritional status of patients and recommend appropriate dietary plans. We work closely with Food Services Department to provide healthy and tasty meals to inpatients to help with their condition.
Besides clinical services, we also conduct nutrition talks and workshops to the hospital staff, corporate clients and members of the public.
We also play active roles in various professional and community organisations such as Singapore Nutrition & Dietetics Association, Diabetic Society of Singapore, Singapore Association of the Study of Obesity and Singapore National Heart Association.
- Individualised dietetic counselling to patients pertaining to different medical conditions
- Provide nutrition support to ensure adequacy of food intake and improve nutritional status
- Enteral nutrition support such as tube feeding
- Supportive dietetic services to multi-disciplinary teams and clinics
- Collaboration in clinical research trials with healthcare professionals
- Teaching sessions for community-based support groups
- Workshops and talks to medical, nursing and allied health staff on specialised medical nutrition therapy
- General health talks and workshops (eg. supermarket tour) to corporate groups, education officers, students and public on disease prevention and treatment
- Hands-on and cooking demonstrations of healthy eating , therapeutic and texture modified diets to targeted groups such as patients, caregivers and staff
- Dietetic and food service consultancy to step-down care facilities (e.g. nursing homes), schools, workplace canteens and F&B vendors on healthier menus and nutrients analysis
- Dietetic consultancy to food industries on nutrition and health-related product claims
Eat Well for Chronic Disease
Weight Management/ Diabetes Remission