The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) protects your personal data while enabling organisations to use your data reasonably in serving you. We, as a public healthcare institution, respect and keep your data safe by:
- limiting access to only doctors and healthcare personnel who are involved in your care, and the supporting internal processes,
- conducting regular audits to ensure only authorised persons have accessed your data, and
- removing details that identify you when using your data for internal purposes as far as possible.
Serving You as a Public Healthcare Institution
When you seek care at other healthcare providers, we will share relevant data with them through trusted information systems like the National Electronic Health Record (NEHR) system. We may use your personal data to invite you to participate in care programmes suited for you.
As a public healthcare institution, we share relevant data and participate in national and multi-agency efforts to:
- review healthcare policies and requirements,
- review programmes that ensure patient safety and improve the quality of healthcare services,
- conduct disease surveillance to address public health concerns, and
- train future generations of healthcare professionals.
Please be assured that if your personal data is collected, used or disclosed for these purposes, we will protect it as required under the PDPA and other relevant legislation such as the Private Hospitals and Medical Clinics Act.
Please send an email to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at firstname.lastname@example.org if you
- require further information on our Data Protection Policy or clarifications related to data protection;
- apply for access/correction of your own personal data;
- cease the use of your personal data;
- provide feedback
We will try to respond to your question or request promptly. We may however, depending on the nature of the question or request, need more time to respond to you.