The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) protects your personal data while enabling organisations to use your data reasonably in serving you.
We, as a public healthcare institution, respect and keep your data safe by:
- limiting access to only doctors and healthcare personnel who are involved in your care, and the supporting internal processes,
- conducting regular audits to ensure only authorised persons have accessed your data, and
- removing details that identify you when using your data for internal purposes as far as possible.
Serving You as a Public Healthcare Institution
Your personal data, which includes data you provide for registration purposes (e.g. name, NRIC No., date of birth etc.), medical information and any other personal information provided by you or your next of kin will be collected when you present yourself for medical examination or treatment at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, Yishun Community Hospital and Admiralty Medical Centre.
By voluntarily providing your personal data, it will be deemed that you have consented to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by the hospital for patient care purposes, which include referrals to other healthcare professionals and institutions and other associated purposes (e.g. billing, appointment reminders and participate in patient experience survey).
When you seek care at other healthcare providers, we will share relevant data with them through trusted information systems like the National Electronic Health Record (NEHR) system and the Next Generation Electronic Medical Record (NGEMR). We may use your personal data to invite you to participate in suitable care programmes, or shortlist you for participation in relevant research studies.
As a public healthcare institution, we share relevant data and participate in national and multi-agency efforts to:
- review healthcare policies and requirements,
- review programmes that ensure patient safety and improve the quality of healthcare services,
- conduct disease surveillance to address public health concerns, and
- train future generations of healthcare professionals.
Please be assured that if your personal data is collected, used or disclosed for these purposes, we will protect it as required under the PDPA and other relevant legislation such as the Private Hospitals and Medical Clinics Act, Healthcare Services Act.
Please refer to our
NHG Personal Data Protection Policy for further information on our data protection commitment.
Update your personal data
If you have any concern, query or complaint about our personal data protection policies and practices, please contact:
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Khoo Teck Puat Hospital
90 Yishun Central
We will try to respond to your question or request promptly. We may however, depending on the nature of the question or request, need more time to respond to you.